I've just finished a test drive of Bright Line Eating program.
Here is my feedback to the program:
I have joined the program for health reasons: Hashimoto.
My problem with eating is that when I am nervous I overeat and then - due to hypothyroidism - it is difficult to get back on track. I am searching for ways to mitigate this over-indulgence cycle.
On the other hand I have no problem with alcohol: I am most disciplined drinker, so dropping booze has no point for me.
Also, diets like Autoimmune Protocol although working for my medical condition are too Taliban for me, so I am searching for something more flexible.
I took the program mostly to share fun with friends who were also doing it. We had a group on WhatsApp and encouraged each other. My contribution was mostly jokes about Dr T. The mutual support made overtaking the program much easier and much much more fun.
What I am taking with me is:
- Only 3 meals a day nothing in between. My reasons are medical: to lift the pressure off the guts, which is but common sense, but it was very difficult for me to do. Now I have some base.
- No flour. Again because of Hashimoto.
- No sugar for 3 months, since recently I had problems with chocolate cravings, I've never had before. I will check after 3 months how I am.
- Limitation on carbohydrates as per Yudkin's diet.
- Limitation on the quantity with exception once a week.